Monday, March 29, 2010


So the intended purpose of the trip to Munna was to visit the tribal school that St Andrews supports, but as Laura mentioned that unfortunately ended up not being possible, so instead Daniel and family wanted to show us some of the local attractions whilst we were there. So we set off early-ish, for a day packed with activities, first stop a local flower garden for some pretty pictures and some oohing and ahhing at the different pretty flowers. Then we headed off for my highlight of the day...an elephant ride! This was both Laura and my second turn at this, but I was like a little girl I was so excited! We were a bit disappointed that the kids couldn’t come on with us as their mum Rose was rightly nervous at the idea, but all the more fun for us! Laura kindly let me go on the front as she was a bit nervous about it all, but then this turned out worse for her as every time we went up a hill she struggled to grip on to stop herself from sliding off! Meanwhile I was up the front squealing with excitement.
Next stop, Laura got her own back and it was time for her to squeal and me to get nervous...we headed for a boat trip. However in the end I quite enjoyed it and it was poor little 2 year old Emerald that spent the whole time wailing crying in fear, with Daniel trying his hardest to console him. I could totally relate, I do not see the big deal about boats, they are a travel sickness sufferer’s worst enemy!
After a fun-filled day we headed back down the mountain, with similar sickness problems as the day before, but I am proud to say I managed to keep all my food down the whole trip! On the way back we hit a lightning storm which was strange, exciting and a little nerve racking all at once, so I dealt with it the best way I could: borrowed Laura’s ipod for some chilled music, got comfy and enjoyed the show! And what a show it was! The whole sky was lighting up and we would drive through flash rain showers, with all the mountains and cool tropical trees as a backdrop it was pretty spectacular!
After a quick pit stop back at Ruth and Abrahams we headed to the bus station for our overnight return bus trip back to Chennai, with our brilliant friend and body guard, Charles. Arriving back into the church around about 5.30am we were shattered and headed straight to our new digs, a rented apartment near the church, to try and catch a couple of hours sleep before the 9.30am service. Lying in at the weekends is slowly becoming a very distant memory! But what incredible new memories we’re making instead!
Jenn xx

No comments: