Friday, April 30, 2010

Leroy

So I completely understand that the girls have had a lot of confusion recently with their flights being cancelled and rebooked due to some crazy dust in the air, but I thought I meant more to them than this!
Extremely excited we were going out to Africa next I decided I had better get a good sleep on the Wednesday night before we left Thursday, so I curled up with butterflies in my tummy next to Jenn’s rucksack and looked forward to the morning. BUT when I woke up on Thursday the bag was gone and there was no sign of Jenn!! I assumed she was having breakfast, had put the bag in the car and was allowing me some more time to sleep before coming and getting me, but as I looked around the empty room the more reality began to sink in. Then I heard Jenn’s mum’s voice so I ran to the door to ask her about it, where I heard her on the phone telling someone that Jenn was on her way to Kenya!!!! It finally hit me...THEY LEFT WITHOUT ME!!! I couldn’t believe what I was hearing! I know I can be a bit moany, but I never thought they would phase me out the group like this! Tears flooded my eyes and I quickly found a nice dark corner to sob in.
Just as I was becoming hysterical and contemplating the point of life, Jenn’s mum came in looking for me and explained that although the girls had left, they had realised the mistake at the airport and they too were distraught about the whole situation, but there had been no time to come back for me and as I’m not the most confident driver (due to the lack of length in my legs, I take after Jenn there) I couldn’t get there myself. So, after many cups of tea and reassurance we have all agreed that I will catch a plane with some other forgotten things in the next few weeks or so, probably to head to Uganda or Cape Town. Although I’m disappointed I will miss Kenya, it’s an opportunity for the girls to realise I really am the glue that holds the group together! I heard that they are loving Kenya so far, and have received a lovely welcome, but give it a few weeks and the enormity of their mistake will kick in! I’m sure of it! Until then though I will be sitting here eating Jenn’s Easter chocolate and plotting my revenge...ah how sweet it will be!
So, I’m sure the trip will suffer for a while, which means the girls need your support with messages and prayers more than ever...poor fools! And don’t be worrying, I’ll be with them soon and everything will be good again!
LEROY

No comments: