Thursday, August 2, 2007

Passing Blessings

Hi everybody, how are you all? good good, i am fine too! First of all i have to apologise to my mum for the state of my clothes in the photo of me and Erica at the church at Pretoria, I will put on my sunday best for the next church photos! I would like to call this post 'Passing Blessings'. The first thing that i have noticed whilst being away is that God is bringing all his children that have stepped out the boat for him together, to stregnthen each other and to support each other, to spread each others stories of God's miracles and faithfullness. He is sending a connection through us all and using us to pass on his blessings!

When we were in Mozambique our team hired an electricain called Jose, there was a language barrier there.He could only speak Portuguese and German and i could only speak English and...a bit of German that came along with a confused face. Jose had left his family for a while because he had felt God call him to help Pebane. He stayed with our team whilst he was there and help with the building of the surgery. He told us his testimony and stories of God's miracles that had gone on in his life, truley inspiring stories that showed God's greatness and how one mans love and faith in God took him away from his family to help a helpless Pebane. It was such a blessing for me to hear of other people leaving their families to do God's work, just like me and Erica were and how God provides in every step. He said that our team was a blessing to him. Jose was an answered prayer for our Pebane team, he too was a blessing for us.

Yesterday we were on the boat coming back from the Ssese Islands to Entebbe. The ticket collector came to collect our money for the ticket. My Joyce Meyer book was open with a book mark that my mum had made with Phillpians ch 4 v 4-9 on it. The gentleman sat down opposite me, i could tell that he was reading my book mark. He said ' I like what is written on this', I said ' The bookmark is yours! Take it!' , he said ' I have been blessed today, thank you.' he smiled and went off. He didn't know that he had blessed me too, my prayer that morning was for God to show me how i could spread his word. He showed me, if i am with his word then i will be able to spread it.

God has been using everyone to show that he is walking side by side with me and Erica, even down to the taxi driver that took us from Entebbe airport to Jinja! It is scary getting off at Entebbe and trying to find a trustworthy taxi driver to take us on a two hour drive! Me and Erica knew that we would just have to let our spirit guide us. We then approached a taxi driver that we felt would be ok to take us. Can you guess what happened next? yep Dennis, our taxi driver was a christian and we ended up singing gospel songs from Entebbe to Jinja! Dennis was another blessing to us, were we a blessing to him? He didn't say. But my spirit said that we were!

Being blessed passes on blessings.

There are so many little stories that i could tell you of how blessings have been passed and i hope that i will be able to tell you sometime but this blog has limited space!

I will share a poem that i wrote about letting God guide your steps.

'LISTEN'

Listen to your spirit
Listen to your soul
Shut your eyes for Jesus
And let him be in control

Clench your hands in a prayer
And believe in every breath
That God has heard your every word
In width, height and depth

Hear him speak with the birds
And let him know you hear
By smiling like a ray of sun
You've heard him loud and clear

Feel your spirit beat with joy
In the presence of your Father
He wants you to hold out you hand
So the gifts he gives, you can gather

Never fail to believe
That God has planned every hour
Now open your eyes to his Glory
And see all his power

He has done these things all for you
You're a child of a King
And now that you've listened to your Master
Recieve the joy that his words will bring.

Lorna xxx

No comments: