Monday, February 1, 2010

Under and over and through the bridge...

Last Thursday morning Jimmy took Jenn and I to his work at the Harbour Bridge for a walk across the top. On arrival we were presented with our safety gear and I must admit we were looking pretty 'braw' (that's beautiful for you kiwi's), we filled in some safety forms





and paid close attention to our instructions before heading for a look around. Jimmy explained that there are a lot of contractors on the bridge at the moment as they are strengthening it. And he wasn't kidding. I was fascinated to see all that goes on under a bridge. There's even a wee train line that takes one of the workers with some gear from one end to the other.




After our tour it was time to climb the stairs tot the top of the bridge, what a view! It was absolutely stunning. We posed for a few pictures before heading back down for lunch.

We had a wander round the harbour in the afternoon before we visited the supermarket for some Parachute shopping.

Parachute is a Christian music festival with 20,000 visitors. It started on Friday evening and went on till lunch time on Monday. This was an opportunity for some teaching time for Jenn and myself. There were some excellent seminars witch had been well researched and planned by the speakers. A particular favourite of mine was Mark Storm, principal of Laidlaw Bible College in Auckland. He was talking about Acts 17 (Paul At Athens - Seeds of Revolution). I was so impressed with this guys knowledge. He was firing out historical, biblical and cultural information and my wee hand couldn't move my pen fast enough to keep up with notes!

When we left the seminar I didn't just feel encouraged or challenged, I felt completely full! My head was buzzing and I was loving it!




We took the chance over the weekend to catch up with some of the campers from Ponui. Samuel had organised a reunion for the Saturday and Jenn and I were easily identifiable the rest of the weekend by the Scotland flag we were flying. This attracted lots of other Scots to us as well as our many friends in NZ.



So, we only have about 30 hours left in this beautiful country and I must admit I'm pretty gutted to have to leave. I knew I was going to have a great experience here, but I did not expect to feel the way I do. I think this is a result of the amazing hospitality we have received from families like the Bonnar's and the Shaw's and the friendships we've made. I didn't doubt Jenn and I would make friends easily, but the quality of friends we made in a short week at Ponui has really touched my soul!

'And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus' Philippians 4:19

So thank you to all you kiwi's for looking out for us, and Jenn and I will be praying that God will bless you abundantly, the way you have with us. And PLEASE keep in touch!



Loads of love and blessings!

Laurrra xXx

6 comments:

Samuel said...

It as been ORSIM getting to know you laura over the last few weeks. Thank you very much for letting me come on your amazing NZ adventures and can't wait to read about your up and coming trips.... Fight the good fight and god bless

Much Love

Samuel

Lorna said...

good blog guys! hope everything goes smoothly in aus!! xx

Ericax said...

Sweetie pie, you are such an inspiration! The exciting thing is I have complete expectation and confidence that God is gonna thoroughly bless everyone who hosted you. God crazy loves when we’re hospitable to one another and I’m sure you girlys are the angles talked aboot in Hebrews!

“Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.” (13:2)

Hey you guys were famous in the bible long before you became famous on SoulTouch!
Love you till I can’t breath! Aus is gonna fill you till you burst! E xxx

Ericax said...

Sweetie pie, you are such an inspiration! The exciting thing is I have complete expectation and confidence that God is gonna thoroughly bless everyone who hosted you. God crazy loves when we’re hospitable to one another and I’m sure you girlys are the angles talked aboot in Hebrews!

“Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.” (13:2)

Hey you guys were famous in the bible long before you became famous on SoulTouch!
Love you till I can’t breath! Aus is gonna fill you till you burst! E xxx

Hannah said...

LAURRRA! i'm so glad you had such a FABULOUS time in nz! you'll have to come back and see us again as soon as you can! I hope and pray that the rest of your trip will be as amazing for you as it has so far. I'm sure god will keep using you both as he has been already, in more ways then you can imagine :)

You guys are an inspiration!

god bless and lots of love xo
from Hannah (that really cool person from wellington :D)

p.s thanks for what an amazing encouragment you were for me at camp! I'm so blessed to have met you :)

Anonymous said...

hey all

I figured it would be a good idea to introduce myself to everyone!

Can't wait to start some good conversations!

-Marshall

Thanks again!