Sunday, January 10, 2010

Introducing Leroy...



So since Laura and Jenn are too concerned with their own journey to mention me I thought i’d better introduce myself to everyone! My name is Leroy Mackezie and I am the third member of the second soultouch group. I will be joining the girls on their travels and working in the projects with them, and although I may have a slightly higher intelligence and a deeper insight than the girls, we all get on like a house on fire. And luckily for anyone following the soultouch blog I intend to make the most of the times I am unkindly shoved into a hand luggage bag to update (and most likely improve) the blog with my own reflections on the experiences we have.
So here it goes...The journey so far to New Zealand has proven to be extremely blessed considering how smoothly we’ve caught each flight despite the terrible snow and ice that is currently bringing Scotland to a bit of a stand still. It’s an exciting time as I have now been promoted from my resting place on Jenn’s windowsill to pride place in the hand luggage. I even got my own seat on the flight from Glasgow to London!
The girls also seem to be extremely bubbly right now, squealing with excitement at the idea of being “able to serve” (although that seems a bit rude considering they have yet to share their food with their number one puppet friend!) Speaking of friends, I hear the leaving event at St Andrews church was really brilliant and hugely appreciated by the girls. I personally didn’t get an invite, but the effects of the support shown that night is now clearly embedded in the girlies and is rubbing off on me!
I better go, I am sitting under the seat in front of Jenn on the plane and as I write this her smelly feet keep creeping closer and closer to me! :( Please keep praying for the girls to be led into the right places and to meet the right people to allow us all to serve God the best way we can...afterall wherever they go I go too so I don’t have time for them stumbling from that narrow path!argh...uck...spwww.....ick...foot in the mouth!Got to go! Will be in touch again soon!
Bleesings from under a seat somewhere 10972m above sea level! Auckland here we come!!!!!
The one and only Leroy!

3 comments:

Terry Taylor said...

Leroy, I'm so glad you took the time to write on the blog. I was very impressed when I met you, for the first time, at Glasgow airport and so it's lovely to hear your thoughts on the trip so far. The girls are wonderful and I'm sure they are so very excited about all that lies ahead. It was indeed a real blessing that despite the weather and disruption to transport that all their journey from Scotland to Auckland (does that rhyme? A bit of assonance going on there I think) was so smooth. I look forward to reading what Laura and Jen have to write and more updates from you.
Terry

Soul Touch said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Soul Touch said...

Properly hilarious! Leroy you’re my absolute favourite! You make me cry with laughter and my tummy hurts from belly giggles!

I have to admit we all know you’re the real Soul Toucher and that God is going to use you in superdooper ways to start conversations, bring joy to many a teary conversation and spread the best news ever, ever, ever: the Gospel of “Good, great, superdooper” news to everyone you meet around the world!

Be sure to look after those gorgeous girls, they’re so precious! We’re proud of you all and love you and what you’re doing! Hugs love and tears of laughter
Erica xxx