Saturday, January 9, 2010

Many more steps along the world we go...



After a fairly emotional, sleepless 24 hours, we’re on our way. Looking fair braw kitted out in our Soul Touch 2010 gear! Taking Soul Touch to ‘A whole nuther level’!

Some friends organised a wee send off for us in the church last night, which went really well. There was a fantastic turnout, especially considering the weather in Scotland the last three weeks. Had some delicious soup, cakes... oh the cakes! worship, prayers, chat and a personal favourite of mine ceilidh dances. HUGE thanks to Sarah for the creation of the Soul Touch cake, and also Eliza for all the food! Was fantastic, and delicious!!! And Can’t forget Mike for showing up early to set up, and everyone for clearing up after so Jenn and I could say our farewells.

Was great to have a wee crowd at the airport, bit emotional when heading into the departure lounge, but surprisingly to both Jenn and myself I made a speedy recovery. I’m so full of emotion!!! Excitement about what God has planned for us over the next year, and a sadness at leaving so many loved ones behind. There’s no doubt in my mind that this is where I’m meant to, and also want to be, so I’m pretty sure that’ll keep me upbeat ;)

I’d like to thank everyone for their support over the last nine months while Jenn and I have been organising this trip (oh my word – I can’t believe we’re actually on our way to New Zealand!). The advice, prayers, cards, gifts and love we have received in our preparation time have definitely brought a lot of comfort to both Jenn, myself, and our families. Some of you have been so generous, and have really brought Soul Touch into life for Jenn and I. So Thanks!
Please continue to pray for us, that God will provide and protect us in all situations. I’m confident He will though ;)

Loads of love and blessings! <><

Laura xXx

So we are into the 6th hour of the New Zealand flight and I’ve just realised something...Laura and I are going on the second soultouch trip!!!A heads up would have been nice guys! Cannot believe it’s here! It’s such a strange feeling because it’s been our whole lives the past 9 months and now it’s here it’s hard to take in. The leaving night at St Andrews church was really brilliant and we were both soo chuffed and grateful at the turn out. Was so nice to see our lovely family and friends faces supporting us, even if some were more reluctant to dance than others! The idea of having all that support behind us though is just incredible and really builds us up to face the journey ahead! There are so many people we will miss and I’m sure it’s going to take some time getting used to having Miss Taylor following me everywhere , but we’re both so confident we are exactly where we should be. As a very wise lady said to us at our church woman’s day, we are always in the right place when in the will of God, so even if that means we face being smelly, uncomfy sleeps and some homesickness we are right where we should be.

I just can’t wait to see all the things in store for us over the year, and the many lessons I’m sure we will be learning. Even the journey so far has taught us so much about the kindness and generosity of so many close to us, which is such a huge encouragement! So we do thank you all so much for that and hope you stay in touch over the year, as we will with you.

I’m going to go now, to curl up in my extremely unpractical, but very cosy, blanket and try to get some sleep as we still have many hours ahead of us on this first leg of the trip! Please do keep us in your prayers, as we will you.
As my mummy said to us....”Many more steps around the world we go!!”

Jenn

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, girls, looking forward to reading updates...
Love Amanda L from Deanburn

Brittany Young said...

Oh my goodness girls, you put such joy in myheart, its so amzing that you are doing this and i really pray that you guys stay safe, i have just received a text from Lilias she said you guys are safe off the plain and getting picked up right know:) thats so awesome, we will all be thinking of you every minute, second and millisecond of the days to come, keep us updated and I know that god wil be with you guys side-by-side holding both of you guys by the hand as you go on this awesome, emotional Journey, teaching others about the word and also you guys learning more about god and yourselfs<3
Love you girls:)
Brit<3 xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hehe, yoos are lookin braw in your uniforms..... enjoy every moment of this wonderful adventure. Abundant blessing girls.

The Snedds
:o)

Soul Touch said...

Braw! That's the understatement of the year- you guys are sooooo b e a utiful! Glad to hear you're safe and sound in New Zealand and you've settled right in to the Bonnar family! Please give them all our love!

This is just the beginning and the best is yet to come! We're with you ever step! Love, huge hugs and blessings that overwhelm you!
Erica, Eliza and Derek, who are all sosososososo excited to have read the first of many wonderful and exciting blog updates!

xxxx

Terry Taylor said...

enjyed reading your blog, keep it up, regularly. hope you're getting some sleep today, it's afternoon where you are and I'm sure it's sunny and warm whilst we are at -7 :)
take care be in touch (that's you not me)