Sunday, March 23, 2008

Strictly Grace


I walk like a soldier, disciplined and armed.
It´s inspection day.
There´s a crease in my sheet´s; I should be alarmed!
Your hand goes on my bed,
I anticipate it being tipped over...
Instead You straighten the sheet, gently
dusting the cover.







My weapon rusty and blunt, ill prepared
for action,
You throw it in the furnace, neglecting
my reaction.
Still i drop my head in shame; disappointment.
I feel Your hand pick up my chin and
breathe on me an annointment.






The sharpest sword you then strap
to my side,
Placing a protection over me,
On your wings I will glide.
The fear I had of battle now replaced
by courage.
The promise of eternal life: you
given me to encourage.

The mud in my mouth and dust,
in my eyes
Chokes my breathe; I crawl looking
towards the sky.
I see You come with a cloth soaked
with grace
You ring it onto my lips and
wipe my face,


There´s a flag being risen
and I laugh with victory.
The war is over and peace reigns,
as told in history!
You never left me; You never
let me fail,
Lord, take my praises; I won
because you took the nail

Happy Easter
Love Lorna xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh Lorna - its lovely to see you writing poetry again. Very special.

Sorry not too good at using this new comment post. Had to use 'anonymous' - not sure about how to use the others! I'll work it out before my next birthday!!

mum
x

Anonymous said...

Hola chicas! Have just been reading through all your amazing stories. You have touched the lives of so many people - I can't get my head round it. I always feel totally inspired by you two and what you are doing. It is just wonderful. It really makes me sit down and pray for my own divine inspiration! Still not very sure what God is calling me to do but maybe partly cause I'm not listening. You guys have made me realise that. I am praying for you both all the time and I promise I will try and write more. I love you both. Lorna, I am so sorry you will not make the wedding. By the way, so impressed by your poetry. Can't wait to see you Inca. You two will have done a hundred more wonderful things by then! Sending you love, hugs and prayers. Fi x