Wednesday, June 10, 2009

THE STORY OF PATRICK




Patrick's one of my good friends. I met him in '07 and he helped me when I was helping some street kids in Kampala.










I couldn't do the work on my own and randomly met Patrick who was an orphan and unemployed and wanted to give his time to help the kids.


I say randomly, but it couldn't have been, God knew what I needed to help me and provided a total angel in Patrick, I love how He does that!!




Patrick hadn't finished school and had no money but knew that he'd be created with a purpose and once he found it he put everything into it. He's 20yrs old and looks after over 50 kids!! His faith is incredible and challenges me loads - imagine having to trust that God would provide food for 50 kids cos you have no money?!?!


He text me this week saying they had no food in the home - but people had given me money and I was just about to send over nearly £500 (1.6 million Ugandan shillings!!) That's enough to rent land to grow food - woohoo!! Good timing eh?!

Msg back!
Gillian

2 comments:

rosemarie dudgeon said...

hello guys in uganda i have to go because my we nephew needs on

Rebecca Liddell said...

Hi Gillian,

We really appreciate the things you have done and any time you would like to come and visit the Uganda group you are welcome to. Miss Bonnar has told us lots about you and we are really excited to hear more. We were talking to Paul from India and he really told us lots of information on the Orphange that he opened and the children in it.

Hope to hear from you soon

Rebecca x.